Animal Control

Panhandle Humane Society works with many cities around the Nebraska Panhandle. If you need to report a stray dog or cat running around your neighborhood, or have taken in a stray and need help transporting it to the shelter, please contact the appropriate police department. If the stray animal is outside city limits of Scottsbluff/Gering you will have to call Scotts Bluff County Sheriff and they will only assist if you can transport the animal in your vehicle.

Animal Control Numbers

  • Terry Town: (308) 632-7212
  • Scottsbluff: (308) 632-7176
  • Gering: (308) 436-5088
  • Scotts Bluff County: (308) 436-6667
  • Minatare: (308) 783-1414
  • Mitchell: (308) 
  • Morrill: (308) 247-2345
    • All stray animals from Morrill, NE need to be brought to the Morrill Police Department BEFORE being dropped off at Panhandle Humane Society. 
  • Scotts Bluff County Sheriff's Dept: (308) 436-6666